Employment Opportunities at Anything Canine
We are looking for enthusiastic self-starters that can work in independently and in teams in an environment with many distractions and interruptions. Superior organization skills, excellent time management and the ability to change tasks and projects quickly will be a must. Come join us and be a part of our team at the warehouse facility and main office in Laguna Hills or work in the Boutique, opening soon, in Laguna Beach.
Be part of the excitement that is Anything Canine!
Click on one of the open positions below and apply online today!
Information Technology Specialist
23141 La Cadena Dr., Suite R, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Expanding Dog Boutique. Looking for an enthusiastic self-starter that can work in a team with direct supervision in an environment with many distractions and interruptions. Superior organization skills, excellent time management and the ability to change tasks and projects quickly will be a must. This individual will start as a full-time employee.
Duties And Responsibilities:
An information technology specialist supports the processing, tracking and daily operations of the systems of information technology and communications, peripherals, hardware and software to ensure optimum performance and identify any problems.
Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person or via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word-processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems and networks.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Develop training materials and procedures or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Confer with staff, users and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technology used in this occupation:
- Backup or archival software — Backup and archival software; Disaster recovery software; Apple Time Machine and Point of Sale Backup procedures
- Configuration management software — Apple server, Windows server
- Data base user interface and query software — Custom Point of Sale database software for Import/Export data processing
- Desktop communications software — Remote desktop software for both Apple and Windows, VPN gateway, IP Phone system
- Operating system software — OS & Application event log monitoring, Apple & Windows operating system monitoring software
- Customized hardware & software environment – Lightspeed Point of Sale application & hardware, multiple locations, IP phone system, Sonicwall Firewall, ADT Security system, Apple servers, Windows servers, multiple desktops, Apple TV, iTunes, Dropbox, Google Mail, multiple Websites & eCommerce technologies, PCI/DSS compliant credit card processing and more.
Must work well under pressure and maintain composure in dynamic environment. Detail oriented, focused, personable, timely individual who is good at multitasking and prioritizing. 4-year college degree required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Telecommunications — Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Instructing — Teaching others how to do something.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Working conditions are normal for a retail business environment. The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time with “giving out” or fatiguing. Business casual / Anything Canine shirts are required. Hairstyle, jewelry, makeup and other wearable accessories must all be business professional at all times.